Re: tech stack uninstall

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 10 Jan 2007 04:13:24 -0800

JohnH wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
> > JohnH wrote:
> > > I have just completed a tech stack upgrade to 9iAS
> > > The documentation says to uninstall the old oracle homes, I need to
> > > select "Oracle Tools Technology Stack 11.5.0.0.0" from the OUI
> > > inventory, and remove only this.
> > > Problem is, I can't find this anywhere in the "installed products"
> > > section, nor can I find any pointers in other documentation
> > >
> > > Can anyone please help?
> >
> > Looks like a question you need to open a service request and work with
> > oracle support on perhaps?
>
> OK I understand. The global inventory is shot, and so doesn't pick up
> the correct installed products. Is there any way to remove this topic,
> or does it stay indefinately?

When you are doing oracle software installs and maintenance you need to proceed carefully and backup and ( sometimes restore ) with the oracle inventory ... making sure that it is reliable and up to date.

Not sure about how to ditch this item ... you might want to look around google groups. Received on Wed Jan 10 2007 - 06:13:24 CST