Re: Installing patchset 9.2.0.8 on 9.2.0.1 error

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 10 Jan 2007 04:10:48 -0800

peter wrote:
> The following running services need to be shutdown before continuing:
>
> Automatic Updates
> Background Intelligent Transfer Server
> COM+ Event System
> Cryptographic Services
> DCOM Server Process Launcher
> DHCP Client
> DNS Client
> Distributed Link Tracking Client
> Error Reporting Service
> Help and Support
> Messenger
> Network Connections
> Network Location Awareness(NLA)
> Remote Access Connection Manager
> Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
> Remote Registry
> Secondary Logon
> Server
> Shell Hardware Detection
> System Event Notification
> System Restore Service
> TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
> Task Scheduler
> Telephony
> Terminal Services
> Themes
> WebClient
> Windows Audio
> Windows Management Instrumentation
> Windows Time
> Wireless Zero Configuration
> Workstation
>

> What should I do, while installing patchset 9.2.0.8 on WINDOWS XP, I am
> getting above error.

You might want to do some searches against cdos ( can do via google groups interface ) and see prior install problems people have reported on windows. Sometimes oracle dll's get picked up by other services. You can use sys internals software to identify what process has a dll loaded and kill them that way or you can remove the oracle executable directory from you environment path while doing the software install. Received on Wed Jan 10 2007 - 06:10:48 CST