Re: What is Idle Instance

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Jan 2007 03:03:17 -0800

Gaurav Upadhyay wrote:
> Hi Sybrand,
>
> Thanks for the update. I could not get your comments about reading the
> manuals.Could you please explain what you meant when you said that
> documentation can not be highly recommended.
>
> Regards

I meant exactly the opposite.
Let's try to be explicit:
Too many people coming from a sqlserver background don't read any documentation at all, and come here asking questions for which one easily can find the answer by searching http://tahiti.oracle.com. The books of Tom Kyte (available at all major websites) are exceptionally clear and some of them also have a chapter about architectural differences between Oracle and sqlserver.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA