Newbie RMAN question: recovery catalogue

From: Ian Chard <ian_at_chard.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:48:33 +0000

Hi,

We have no DBA, and I have the dubious honour of managing a few new Oracle databases. The environment is Solaris 10 on SPARC in a two-node Sun Cluster, embedded Oracle 10.2.0.2 (i.e. supplied by our software vendor), Tivoli Storage Manager for backups. There will be a total of five Oracle instances.

I've trawled through the RMAN documentation on Oracle's website, but I just want to be absolutely sure I understand a few things before I start implementing the backups. The main one is:

Many thanks for any help or advice. There may be more daft questions as the project progresses!

Cheers
- Ian

--
Ian Chard, Senior Unix and Network Admin  |  E: ian.chard_at_sers.ox.ac.uk
Systems and Electronic Resources Service  |  T:  80587 / (01865) 280587