Re: FindFirstFile Windows API in External Procedures

From: Jim Smith <usenet_at_ponder-stibbons.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:44:35 +0000

In message <1168272469.655740.64530_at_i15g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, francesco lenardon <francesco.lenardon_at_radiotrevisan.com> writes
>Hi,
>
>I have a problem using FindFirstFile Windows API in Oracle External
>Procedure.
>I'm using Oracle XE.
>I created a little DLL to move files on hard disk where I use
>FindFirstFile.
>The problem is that while using DLL (written under Visual C++) from a
>specific Consumer, the FindFirstFile works ok, finding the file I need,
>but while using DLL from PL/SQL the FindFirstFile doesn't work,
>returning and INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE for the same file.
>Can anybody help me, please?
>
>I read a thread from Mercedeh Ghadessi, that used the same function...
>
>Thanks in Advance
>Francesco Lenardon

Can you be more specific?

How are you calling the function from pl/sql? How have you set up the external procedure? Are you using the correct directory?

--
Jim Smith
Ponder Stibbons Limited <http://oracleandting.blogspot.com/>