Re: ora-04063 sys.dba_queue_tables has errors

From: Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_mro.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 14:18:32 -0500

<snip>

>Assuming the data dictionary is "hosed" is not self-evident from what
>you've posted.

probably right. I assumed because it could not find some important sounding stuff. (system.aq$_queue_tables...) I was either wrong or didn't show enough evidence.

>Start here:
>
>conn / as sysdba
>
>SELECT object_name, object_type
>FROM dba_objects
>WHERE status = 'INVALID';
>
>Then, if there are recompile them as follows:
>
>SQL> ?/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql
>
>If it is beyond repair, and I'd sure want to know how and why and verify
>things in the alertlog and with an SR at metalink ... you can rerun
>catalog.sql.
>
>But if you do so, without checking with Oracle first, don't blame me if
>you make a bigger mess than you already may have.
Luckily this is not a production system. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling Oracle. kind of a pain, but the utlrp.sql did not fix it and I ran out of time.

Listen.. thanks so much for your suggestions and time. I appreciate it. (things get frantic sometimes)
Jeff Kish Received on Tue Jan 09 2007 - 13:18:32 CST