Re: orace10G XE WindowsXp and Zonealarm Pro

From: K. Nielsen <nahdsl232734_at_nahvip.cybercity.dk>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 22:05:31 +0100

"Robert A. Reissaus" <oracle10G_at_risdi.com> wrote in message news:qvv4q2l32kag5ij8vgk7c5hidjpemd3159_at_4ax.com...
> Hi guys.
> I have installed a oracle10 Express Edition on my Windowsxp. On the
> system I am running ZoneAlarm Pro with rather obvious adjusted privacy
> settings as follows:
> 3rd party cookies are blocked.
> private header information is disabled.
> popup/under ads are blocked
> animations are blocked
> script execution is blocked ( vbscript etc).
>
> As a result I can NOT logon to the database using SYSTEM ( or any
> other user for that matter).
>
> The ONLY i can log in is to remove ANY initial blockage in my
> firewall. This is of course totally unacceptable. Now I have tried to
> tweak the firewall settings in such a way that ports used by oracle
> are allowed, but that doesn't work. It *looks* like oracle circumvents
> the firewall entirely.
>
> Anybody any idea?
> Robert A. Reissaus

I have ZoneAlarm 6.5.737.000 installed and several different Oracle software (EMGC, DB10gR1, DB92, DevSuite 9.0.4 but not XE though) installed on XP and don't have any problems.

Compared to my version of ZonaAlarm you seem to have an older version as I believe I recall that the privacy settings you refer to were there in earlier versions but
are now different in the version I refer to.

As far as I remember I had to switch off the XP firewall. Check Control Panel Security Center.

Hope at least to be of some help.

Regards,
Keld Received on Mon Jan 08 2007 - 15:05:31 CST