Re: FindFirstFile Windows API in External Procedures

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Jan 2007 09:49:25 -0800

francesco lenardon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem using FindFirstFile Windows API in Oracle External
> Procedure.
> I'm using Oracle XE.
> I created a little DLL to move files on hard disk where I use
> FindFirstFile.
> The problem is that while using DLL (written under Visual C++) from a
> specific Consumer, the FindFirstFile works ok, finding the file I need,
> but while using DLL from PL/SQL the FindFirstFile doesn't work,
> returning and INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE for the same file.
> Can anybody help me, please?
>
> I read a thread from Mercedeh Ghadessi, that used the same function...
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Francesco Lenardon

You posted a question without any specific info. Not as which you have the external procedure facility set up Not whether you have a correct PL/SQL library definition. Apparently your call to FindFirstFile is incorrect, but one should be guessing how you call the function.
Why do you think this doesn't matter?
Do you really think your post is going to get any response?

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA