Re: unicode performance penalty

From: <applicant2006_at_rambler.ru>
Date: 8 Jan 2007 08:22:35 -0800

dombrooks wrote:
> Might you also need ora18n.jar?

I don't think so...

>From oracle help :

The basic JAR files (classes12.jar and ojdbc14.jar) contain all the necessary classes to provide complete globalization support for:

Oracle character sets for CHAR, VARCHAR. LONGVARCHAR, or CLOB data that is not being retrieved or inserted as a data member of an Oracle 8 Object or Collection type.

CHAR or VARCHAR data members of Object and Collection for the character setsUS7ASCII, WE8DEC, WE8ISO8859P1, WE8MSWIN1252, and UTF8.

To use any other character sets in CHAR or VARCHAR data members of Objects or Collections, you must include orai18n.jar in your application's CLASSPATH.

I don't need to use any other charset - I want everything to be in Unicode, right ? Received on Mon Jan 08 2007 - 10:22:35 CST