Re: bug 2843192

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 8 Jan 2007 06:40:52 -0800

oracle dba wrote:
> Bug 2843192: Change to "NULL EVENT" in V$SESSION_WAIT. Prior to this
> fix "null event" could appear in V$SESSION_WAIT in cases when no wait
> was specified or when the session is not actually waiting at all. With
> this fix: "null event" now only means that the session is not waiting
> "unspecified wait event" is now used to indicate a wait state where no
> named event has been supplied.
>

> What is the meaning of "when no wait was specified or when the session
> is not actually waiting at all" how to specify wait for a session.
>
> Would anyone please tell the solution, I am facing this problem.
> Is it better to upgrade database 9.2.0.1 to 9.2.0.8 on WINDOW XP
> directly in developer database instead to checking it first on test
> database. Can it create some problem and how to download this from
> metalink because I will be the first time I am upgrading one version to
> another.

Anytime you install oracle patchsets you potentially can cause big problems for any applications. SQL calls may use different optimizer paths, bugs may surface in your applications or the oracle code, etc.

You need to decide for yourself how to best test out the critical applications. Anyone who attempts to upgrade a production like environment without planning and reviewing the results of a application testing effort is taking an un-necessary level of risk. Received on Mon Jan 08 2007 - 08:40:52 CST