Re: Downloading Critical Patch Updates without a Metalink account

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Jan 2007 05:35:02 -0800

On Jan 8, 2:28 pm, "raesene" <raes..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction of where I can
> download Security Patches for Oracle database software (9i and 10g)
> without having a Metalink account.
>
> I've downloaded the free versions of the sofware fromhttp://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/xe/htdocs...
> andhttp://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/htdocs/wi...
> but I can't find a location to download the security patches for either
> product.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rory McCune
> r..._at_mccune.org.uk

For any patch, whether an upgrade or a security patch, a Metalink account is required.
The developers license explicitly excludes the entitlement to upgrades, so how do you expect Oracle is going to provide security patches for free.
Actually it is strange you are asking this question, because the answer is in your license agreement.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA