Re: Stored Procs Returning Multiple Records

From: Galen Boyer <galen_boyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Jan 2007 20:05:03 -0600

On 6 Jan 2007, jay2dedios_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I'm interested in using stored procedures

Why not packages?

> to return multiple rows

This is the most common result of selects, but procs can do many more things.

> in my ORACLE DB.

Is this an app "in you ORACLE DB", "outside your ORACLE DB", "somewhere between the two"

> Are there any issues (performance, for example) with doing so?

For doing what? Executing selects?

> It seems as if this is not a popular method.

I think most people here like to use Oracle.

> Is there a best practice?

God, what an overused and completely bogus term...

> Please help. Thanks!

I have no flippn clue what you actually need.

--
Galen Boyer