Re: Corrupt block

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 01:21:32 +0100

astalavista schreef:
> Thanks ...
>
> If I do:

>> alter database datafile '...' offline ;

> offline immediate ?
> offline drop ?
> ( what option to use ? the datafile is really gone ?)
> I can open the database ?
> Drop the tablespace ?
> Then I can generate script to rebuild indexes ( with TOAD )
> Re-create the tablespace
> Rebuild the indexes
>
> Thanks for your help ...

HOLD IT - how do you plan to generate scripts when the objects (indexes) are gone?!?
You can open the database with the datafile and the tablespace offline, but your objects will be "gone" as in invisible.
That's why I hinted to recreate then, using an export, or the application scripts.

Both options went without saying you should have these already. I should have been clearer about that.

What backups do you have?

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel