Re: managing lots of databases tool(s)

From: Volker Hetzer <firstname.lastname_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:30:47 +0100

NetComrade schrieb:
> We have a two dozen databases, some enterprise and some (mostly)
> standard belonging to different customers, and we'd like to have a
> 'central way' of viewing them.
>
> Besides grid control, is there are a product we could use less
> espensively? We don't want all bells and whistles, but something to
> monitor RMAN and alert logs centrally would be nice, as well as
> general availability, anything else is a big plus.
What am I missing here?
The enterprise server is free, you only pay for some packs: http://www.oracle.com/corporate/press/2005_oct/103105_em10gr2_ga_finalsite.html

We don't use it but I guess you only need to pay for one more database. I'm not sure whether this needs to be an enterprise edition.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.