Re: HELP - Export/Import version 8.05

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 5 Jan 2007 07:05:15 -0800

Julie Warden wrote:
> I'm running Oracle 8.05 with Solaris 6.
>
> I have a database with several schemas, and I want to create a test
> schema from one of the other ones. I'm having a problem with my
> export/import procedures.
>
> I created the schema:
> grant connect,resource to tst identified by tst;
> grant DBA to tst;
> revoke unlimited tablespace from tst;
> alter user tst default tablespace TST quota unlimited on TST;
> alter user tst temporary tablespace temp;
> grant create public synonym to tst;
> grant drop public synonym to tst;
> grant create user to tst;
> grant drop user to tst;
>
> Exported from prod with a table list:
> exp userid=prod/prod parfile=tables.lst file=prod.exp
>
> Then imported for the tst user
> imp userid=tst/tst fromuser=prod touser=tst parfile=tables.lst
> file=prod.exp
>
> The import gives this:
> IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1950 encountered
> ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace SYSTEM
> Then it shows my CREATE TABLE statement.
>
> This repeats for every table that needs to be created, then you get
> the
> errors that the table doesn't exist when you try to load the data.
>
> Naturally, I looked up all the exp/imp info I could, but no mention of
> granting access to create tables when you're loading into your own
> tablespace. I assume that my import, with all it's references to tst,
> is using the tst tablespace, right?
>
> Can some kind soul please explain this to me? Other than pointing out
> that I didn't grant privileges to tst on the SYSTEM tablespace: I know
> that much.
>
> Thanks,
> Julie

Here's one that might be relevant to you ... ( boy what's wrong with me today actually doing searches for people? ).

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_frm/thread/e15c2ba27c2b8815/ef29f8536d348c6c?lnk=gst&q=IMPORT+TABLESPACE+FROMUSER&rnum=6&hl=en#ef29f8536d348c6c

It might or might not contain errors in the approach but at first glance looks reasonable! Received on Fri Jan 05 2007 - 09:05:15 CST