Re: Balancing size of RMAN backup pieces

From: Andy Kent <andykent.bristol1095_at_virgin.net>
Date: 5 Jan 2007 03:17:58 -0800

Useful, thanks for all that wisdom.

> The real issue is that RMAN is best served directly to tape..

... is the conclusion I am coming to. From what you've said I don't believe our scenario can be made to work with RMAN (it's a soon-to-be-replaced system so new hardware and massive disk reorganisations aren't really a goer).

Will try scanning asktom and raising an SR.

Fortunately we also do EXP backups and it's a reasonably static database.

Andy Received on Fri Jan 05 2007 - 05:17:58 CST