Re: performance problem : tkprof show many fetches with high elapsed time

From: Benny <benny.derous_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Jan 2007 00:35:52 -0800

Matt,

I know ! It's hard to believe but the ID column is unique. Proof just below. I would very much like to find out why the update which executes 12 times updates more than 72K records. I would expect only 12 updates since ID is unique. What is happening here ? When I run the update manually 5 times, I get in trace file 5 records. Anybody an idea why tkprof show different ?

select a.index_name,index_type,uniqueness,b.column_name from dba_indexes a,dba_ind_columns b
where a.table_name='PROFILESTOREDATA' and owner='AML0_PP' and b.table_owner='AML0_PP'
and a.table_name=b.table_name and a.owner=b.table_owner

INDEX_NAME                     INDEX_TYPE   UNIQUENESS   COLUMN_NAME
IDX_PROFILESTOREDATA   NORMAL        UNIQUE              ID