Re: Is this a bug?

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2007 20:11:04 -0800

Galen Boyer wrote:
> really talking about making the mistake of creation of a table with
> timestamp as a column name.
>
> --
> Galen Boyer

The issue presented as a trigger error.

After shaking my head a few times and checking for special characters or spaces in the trigger code, I finally looked at the table. Since I have it ingrained in me to never use any "reserved" word as an object name, I didn't think to look at the column name until I recreated a test table with the same data types, but with each column named col1, col2...etc. It was at that point that my hand hit my forehead and I realized what I had missed. 30 minutes total time spent. That time included me ranting, getting coffee, etc. so actual work was about 15 minutes to discover the obvious. It was a slow day...

The really, really great part is that this is 3rd party delivered sql based on a database independent approach or something like that..... Received on Thu Jan 04 2007 - 22:11:04 CST