Query Slow in 10g, runs very fast in 8i

From: <DBdude_From_NY_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2007 16:44:46 -0800

We have a 8i DB on VMS-VAX machine. We copied the DB to Unix on Oracle 10g. Unix machine is more powerful then VMS and its 10g. A SP which was taking less then 10 minutes on 8i is taking close to 11 hours (Yes, Hours) on Unix, 10g. From where should I start looking in order to make it faster.
On Oracle 8i statistics was not being gathered and on 10 g we are gathering stats.
BTW, the SP is written real bad, but it was finishing its job in less then 10 minutes and that also with 3 times more data because we have not migrated entire data. We do have migrated all tables, indexes, SPs etc. Received on Thu Jan 04 2007 - 18:44:46 CST