Re: Session Ip Address

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2007 05:34:39 -0800

On Jan 4, 7:55 am, "hpuxrac" <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Emre wrote:
> > Hii All
> > How can I see client's ip address from v$session ? or is there another view to see
> > client's ip addressDepends on what type of client is being used etc as well as if any kind
> of session pooling is in place in any middleware layers. Lots of
> discussions already in cdos on this topic you might want to search cdos
> or look athttp://asktom.oracle.comfor related topics.

The client ip address is not stored in v$session at least through version 9.2. The easiest way to get the client ip address is probably via the sys_context function:

select sys_context('USERENV','ip_address') from sys.dual;

You could use a database event logon trigger to store the client ip in v$session via dbms_application_info or save the data elsewhere where the Oracle username logging on is of interest.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Jan 04 2007 - 07:34:39 CST