Re: Setup two listeners on a machine

From: <mfullerton_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Jan 2007 21:27:34 -0800

Just curious, why are you doing this? You are load balancing with 2 listeners on the same server is sounds like, not a great idea. The bang for the buck is very low on this, the database or server has a much greater chance of crashing before the listener in my opinion/experience. Plus, load balancing two listeners on the same server is most likely not going to do anything unless you are expecting an enourmous amount of concurrent connections and if that is the case, two listeners is not going to buy you much. What is the logic for this and what is your actual configuration?

Mike Fullerton