Re: access an sso partner application through an iframe without reauthenticating

From: What's in a namespace <xml_at_ns.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 17:46:31 +0100

<danny.roach_at_oracle.com> schreef in bericht news:1167832603.851662.227880_at_v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
>I have an application (written using apex) that is an sso partner app.
> I want to be able to embed the application within a portlet (probably a
> dynamic page portlet generating an iframe) in my portal. When a user
> access the portal page that contains the iframe they are initially
> forced to reauthenticate within the iframe.
>
> The problem lies in the sso session. I think when you access an
> application through an iframe it treats everything in the iframe as if
> it were in a separate browser session. This means that when you try to
> access the application in the iframe it still redirects you to the sso
> server even though you are already authenticated via portal.
>
> So this is the problem, has anyone got any ideas on what the solution
> might be?

Danny,

I tried running APEX with sso in an Iframe, and much to my surprise: it works! Just an HTML-portlet with the text: <iframe src="<link to my application>"> works fine. I only have to logon to Portal (assuming portal-user is the same as apex user!!)

Shakespeare
(what's in a surprise?) Received on Wed Jan 03 2007 - 10:46:31 CST