Re: determine if DB is in a DataGuard config

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 14:18:05 -0800

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> Despite the fact that almost all v$ views are simple derivatives of the
> GV$ view I usually find it better to search for the v$ version.
> searching for v$dataguard_status gives us
> http://www.lc.leidenuniv.nl/awcourse/oracle/server.920/a96536/ch343.htm
> for the 9i manuals and it will be in the 10g ones as well no doubt.

I'm on a bit of a crusade with respect to GV$ views as I see so much work done, and so much code written, that will fail the minute it hits a RAC cluster. Thus I emphasize the GV's every time I offer up a demo.

With respect to documentation, however, you are absolutely correct. And, to me, that is part of the problem.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington