What are EMCA requirments??

From: <katic_marija_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Jan 2007 08:26:24 -0800

Hi,
I have installed Oracle Databse 9i 9.2.0.1.0 Enterprise edition, I have choosed General Purpose for database type (actally i have used all default options). And the installation passed successfull. As I have seen this option will include enterprise management possibilities, including Console, Management Server and Intelligent Agent, but I can't start Enterprise console, I think that server should be started when I start the console. I don't know how else can I start it, or check if it's ok, maybe it could be a problem. Even I can't start Enterprise Management Configuration Assstant, so I can't configure anything. I thought that it can be started in standalone mode. I have checked if database is running well, but there is no any error in logs, I have started all necessary services: OracleOraHome92Agent, ...PagingServer,
...NMPPeerEncapsulator, ...NMPPeerMasterAgent, ...TNSListener,
...HTTPServer, and database service OracleServiceORCL is also running.
The most interesting thing is that I don't get any error when I try to start configuration assistant or console, doesn't matter. When I run it it seems it will start but then start icon disapiars. I have installed this on the Windows XP prof, 256MB RAM and 2.4GHz processor. This is my first contact with oracle. So if anyone can help me how can I configure my settings to start management console I would appreciate it a lot.

Thank you a lot in advance. Received on Mon Jan 01 2007 - 10:26:24 CST