ORA-00471: DBWR process terminated with error

From: <Sunshine.Du_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Dec 2006 01:13:46 -0800

Hello,
I had met a question. The oracle database will crash after about every five days. The "pmon" had detected the DBWR was terminated suddenly. I am very dismayed, because according to the other threads said, most of this issue was due to the Oracle Bug.

Is there any routines to figure out this error "ORA-000471"? Is this oracle bug, or system configuration fault?

The version of oralce is Release 10.1.0.2.0.

The version of platform is Linux 2.4.20, MontaVista(R) Linux(R) Carrier Grade Edition 3.1 .

I had try my best to resolve it and unfortunately did not achieve nothing.

You can refer the fllowing information. Your strong help and support is a great treasure to me for certain.

Dump file /db/ORAdbs/admin/DB01/bdump/db01_pmon_637.trc

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

ORACLE_HOME = /opt/ORAdbs/oracle10g

System name: Linux

Node name: oamce-2

Release: 2.4.20_mvlcge31-cpci735

Version: #1 Wed Nov 1 08:06:15 CST 2006

Machine: i686

Instance name: DB01

Redo thread mounted by this instance: 1

Oracle process number: 2

Unix process pid: 637, image: oracle_at_oamce-2 (PMON)

Old character set id was US7ASCII

New character set id is US7ASCII

error 471 detected in background process

ORA-00471: DBWR process terminated with error

Fri Dec 29 03:41:12 2006

Errors in file /db/ORAdbs/admin/DB01/bdump/db01_pmon_637.trc:

ORA-00471: DBWR process terminated with error

Fri Dec 29 03:41:12 2006

PMON: terminating instance due to error 471

Instance terminated by PMON, pid = 637

Fri Dec 29 03:47:15 2006

Starting ORACLE instance (normal)

LICENSE_MAX_SESSION = 0 LICENSE_SESSIONS_WARNING = 0 Picked latch-free SCN scheme 2

KCCDEBUG_LEVEL = 0 Autotune of undo retention is turned off.

Dynamic strands is set to TRUE

Running with 1 shared and 0 private strand(s). Zero-copy redo is FALSE

LICENSE_MAX_USERS = 0 SYS auditing is disabled

Starting up ORACLE RDBMS Version: 10.1.0.2.0.

Best Regards

Du shaoqiang

FSD TAC Received on Sat Dec 30 2006 - 03:13:46 CST