Re: declare variable in trigger

From: What's in a namespace <xml_at_ns.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 18:06:20 +0100

"Serge Rielau" <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com> schreef in bericht news:4vkf56F1cerqbU1_at_mid.individual.net...
> harun.bolat_at_netsim.net wrote:
>> thanks,
>>
>> I have posted trigger only to simplify an example.
>>
>> as example firebird trigger like this.
>> variable of CARI_ISLEM_NO same as field name.
> No it is not!
> :CARI_BAGLANTI_NO2 != CARI_BAGLANTI_NO2
>
> If you can place a ":" in front of every occurance of the variable, why
> not a "v_"?

As was my first suggestion... but: then you'll have to change the declaration as well (because it is declared without the ':') I suggest to prefix ALL declarations and usages with v_, which confirms to standards like CDM

By the way: now I understand why the OP wants a generator....

Shakespeare
(What's in a colon?)