Re: a simple PL/SQL question about getting a list of values to output parameters

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:47:21 -0800

EscVector wrote:

>> - Do readers block writers in sqlserver

In SQL Server, and in Informix, and in Sybase. All three of which are built on the Ingres model.

That is why you see so much copying into temp tables.

> Any opinions on MySQL? I have to deal with that vendor too.

If you have corruption ... better have a full backup. If you lose an object ... better have a full backup. If you need to restore data ... better have a full backup. If you need to meet audit requirements ... put your faith in prayer.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington