Re: a simple PL/SQL question about getting a list of values to output parameters

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 00:55:31 +0100

Paul schreef:
> On Dec 28, 5:47 pm, "sybrandb" <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> However, in that case you are just porting your bad sqlserver habits to

> LOL I want to let you know that I don't know sqlserver either. :D
>
> That piece of junk code was just written after digging few hours in the
> god damn PL/SQL reference manual. I am not a DB developer either , what
> I am trying to find out is a quick working solution so that I can leave
> my office ASAP.
>
>> Oracle, and also this forum is not the place for a complete PL/SQL
>> course.

> And you know .. I have been searching other web sites for hours BEFORE
> posting a help request message on this forum. If you are not interested
> to help a newbie on just this simple problem, that's fine and please
> just close your browser. Thanks.
>
>> It's all there!!!

> LOL.... of course it's all there :D

What's the business case?
Do you really need PL/SQL, or would SQL just do fine? SQL would be
"select field1, field2
from mytable
where field3 like myinput;"

Would a refcursor help (that would allow for multple values)? In that case, your solution would be
"open rc1 for
select field1, field2
from mytable
where field3 like myinput;"

Yet again - it may, or it may not help. State the problem, there might be completely other ways of resolving this

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...