a simple PL/SQL question about getting a list of values to output parameters

From: Paul <plchung_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Dec 2006 00:30:27 -0800

Hi,

I am newbie to PL/SQL and have a problem of passing OUT parameters.

If I have a procedure like this:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE MYPROC (myinput IN varchar2, output1 out varchar2, output2 out varchar2)
AS

    BEGIN
       select field1, field2 into output1, output2 from mytable where field3 like myinput;
END MYPROC

The sql statement returns more than one row from "mytable". I found that everytime when I try to invoke the procedure the "output1" and "output2" never give me anything, just NULL value.

What is the correct way to get that two fields?

Thanks a lot.

Paul Received on Thu Dec 28 2006 - 02:30:27 CST