Auditing policies

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2006 08:26:27 -0800

I know that OEM 10 has some very good reports on violations of recommeded policies, but the on-screen presentation does not seem to lend itself to producing printed reports. I'm playing around with a sql script (and maybe a shell and dos command scripts where necessary) to allowe me to approach a new system and pop out a single policy audit report.

Examining the doco on each policy, then writing up the necessary commands to audit said policy --even with a lot of boilerplate code -- is getting pretty cumbersom. Yet within Grid I've not been able to locate the acutal queries it uses to test each policy. Is there something in there I'm missing that would either produce the full report or at least show me the 'test code' I'd need to put in my own scripts? Received on Wed Dec 27 2006 - 10:26:27 CST