Re: formatted text output from pl/sql

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 23 Dec 2006 17:22:47 -0800

Stefan Hueneburg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a replacement of dbms_output.put_line() to format my
> pl/sql output a little bit nicer.
>
> Actually i wonder if there is something available like a C/Perl like
> printf. Or a package that has a output that formats nice tables etc. ;)
>
> cu

I have used a lot of plsql that uses utl_file and then generates html output files. Of course, you can supplement or replace that with calls against htp packages ( the old oracle web based plsql interfaces ), and these days you can use application express. Or you can generate stuff with the xml based interfaces now available in plsql.

It's not hard though to just "hack out" a bunch of html output files using utl_file. That gives you an step up on the learning curve for html after you have created some things. Received on Sat Dec 23 2006 - 19:22:47 CST