UNDO Management Default

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:05:05 -0800

Received an answer back from a friend in Redwood Shores with respect to this issue and can copy into this post the following:

"Hello Daniel. Francisco forwarded this email to me.

The default for UNDO_MANAGEMENT in 10gR2 was MANUAL. I believe the intention was to change the default to AUTO, but it was not changed for 10gR2.

AUTO is the recommended setting, but MANUAL is still entirely usable for customers who are still using rollback segments.

Thanks,
Diana"

So yes, the settings I have seen, do appear to be an artifact of DBCA.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington