Re: ORA-28547 error for the second connection

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 22 Dec 2006 11:05:22 -0800

zauberberg wrote:
> you may need to include the tns entry for the DB. On a windows client,
> you always have to identify the tns entry for the DB connection when
> doing connect inside sqlplus.
> EscVector wrote:
> > wuhanchenj_at_gmail.com wrote:
> > > Hi, all,
> > >
> > > Sorry to re-post this question here (original one was on dbforums.com).
> > > It is something urgent.
> > >
> > > Currently, I am facing a very weired problem.
> > >
> > > I can use SqlPlus to connect to the DB. However, if I try to use
> > > "connect" command to switch to another login/password with the same DB,
> > > I always got:
> > >
> > > ORA-28547: connection to server failed, probable Oracle Net admin error
> > >
> > > I believe the settings on TNS and Listener are good, otherwise I could
> > > fail in the first login/connect. Also I have tried to have many sqlplus
> > > to connect to the DB at almost the time, and it was all good, so no
> > > session limit problem, just none of them allowed me to do the second
> > > connect.
> > >
> > > Can anyone shed some light? I need to run some complex script, which
> > > needs to do this "connect" thing several times.
> > >
> > > Thank you very much for any tips to save my life.
> > >
> > > Ben
> > >
> > > P.S.
> > >
> > > I am using oracle 10gR2, on windows xp sp2 (32 bits), with AMD Athlon
> > > 64X2 Dual Core 3800+ (does 64 bits cause the problem?)
> > >
> > > == listener.ora ==
> > >
> > > SID_LIST_LISTENER =
> > > (SID_LIST =
> > > (SID_DESC =
> > > (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
> > > (ORACLE_HOME = C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1)
> > > (PROGRAM = extproc)
> > > )
> > > )
> > >
> > > LISTENER =
> > > (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
> > > (DESCRIPTION =
> > > (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = mypc.mycompany.com)(PORT = 1521))
> > > (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
> > > )
> > > )
> > >
> > > == TNSNames.ora ==
> > >
> > > CCMDB =
> > > (DESCRIPTION =
> > > (ADDRESS_LIST =
> > > (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
> > > )
> > > (CONNECT_DATA =
> > > (SERVICE_NAME = mydb)
> > > )
> > > )
> > >
> > > EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
> > > (DESCRIPTION =
> > > (ADDRESS_LIST =
> > > (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
> > > )
> > > (CONNECT_DATA =
> > > (SID = PLSExtProc)
> > > (PRESENTATION = RO)
> > > )
> > > )
> >
> > Your listener is not configured correctly.
> > There are two options:
> > 1. Don't use the listener.ora file
> > 2. Check out this link:
> [...]

If is is remote you need the alias, but you can SET ORACLE_SID at the cmd prompt or in the registry if using SQL*Plus GUI to allow for non-alias local connection. So you don't "always" need to specify alias if the database is local.

Also, make sure you use IPC for local connections when going through tns. Received on Fri Dec 22 2006 - 13:05:22 CST