Re: why undo_management=auto

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:33:24 -0800

Andy Hassall wrote:

> What did you create it with? DBCA defaults to setting it to AUTO, but this is
> a non-default value from Oracle's point of view.

I hate to say it but I suspect this explanation is most likely.

<22 minutes passes ...>

That's it. The default is only the "default" if you don't use Oracle's own tool to create the database.

Next time someone challenges me to criticize Oracle about something I hope this leaps into my mind. I'm getting tired of having to whine about the Database Team not bringing their default installation in line with the compliance scores created by the Grid Control. <g>

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington