Re: Performance Predictions - How to?

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 22 Dec 2006 10:11:29 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> EscVector wrote:
> > I have a multiple part process and I'm able to predict runtime based on
> > record count within +-30 minutes. The prediction is made by taking the
> > total to-be-processed record count from the longest single process and
> > dividing it by the runtime total of all processes.
> > How is this mathematically possible/sound? This isn't even a linear
> > projection. Just dumb luck?
> >
> > I'm looking for ways to project performance based on record counts, so
> > any suggestions are welcome.
>
> dbms_application_info.set_session_longops
>
> http://www.psoug.org/reference/dbms_applic_info.html
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> www.psoug.org

What if the majority of work is in ETL tool and very little database throughput is required.
Example: start session, direct path read big table for a few minutes, do 15hrs etl stuff, 99% of which is not using db resources. Maybe direct this to a math group? Received on Fri Dec 22 2006 - 12:11:29 CST