Performance Predictions - How to?

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 22 Dec 2006 07:23:17 -0800

I have a multiple part process and I'm able to predict runtime based on record count within +-30 minutes. The prediction is made by taking the total to-be-processed record count from the longest single process and dividing it by the runtime total of all processes. How is this mathematically possible/sound? This isn't even a linear projection. Just dumb luck?

 I'm looking for ways to project performance based on record counts, so any suggestions are welcome. Received on Fri Dec 22 2006 - 09:23:17 CST