Re: why undo_management=auto

From: aman.oracle.dba <aman.oracle.dba_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Dec 2006 01:46:30 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> Andy Hassall wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:56:12 -0800, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I just went into the docs:
> >> http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/create.htm#sthref413
> >> and found an error I just reported. Where what is written is: "By
> >> default, this parameter is set to MANUAL."
> >
> > What makes you think this is a documentation error?
>
> Well if I was confused before I'm even more so now ...
>
> Metalink Note: 240746.1
> Date: 02-OCT-2006
>
> Mandatory setting:
> =================
> UNDO_MANAGEMENT=AUTO /* Defaults to MANUAL in 10gR2*/
>
> How can the "Mandatory setting" not be the default?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> www.psoug.org

I am sorry if I was not able to make you guys to understand what was my question. Actually my question is like this. My is my database is fine. There is no ORA-01555 or RBS tablespace is not small. But what else a dba doesn't have to do if he uses undo_management=AUTO in daily routine. How it will make my job easior somewhere ? As it is producation database of bank, flashback has no use in my case. Received on Fri Dec 22 2006 - 03:46:30 CST