how to scan text in column and use to join to another table

From: D <email0203_at_comcast.net>
Date: 21 Dec 2006 13:47:44 -0800

Hello everyone -

        I have a table "IDST_Customers" which contains rate codes that are associated with their accounts. On a separate table "IDST_RATE_REPORTING_CENTER" contains the reporting center that the assigned rate codes belongs to. If I want to join the two tables on rate code criteria there is a field in the 2nd table Rate_Reporting...titled DRATECODE - which contains 1 rate code value per record. In my original table Customers...I have a field titled FAST_RATES which is a concatenation of all rate codes assigned to this account. So if I want to match one of those rate codes in fast_rates to DRATECODE...how do I do this? Sorry for the redundancy, and as a side note - I am not able to create temp tables on this server. Thanks! Received on Thu Dec 21 2006 - 15:47:44 CST