dbms_scheduler.purge_log not working

From: Abhijit <abhijit_bhattach_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2006 07:08:00 -0800

I am facing the problem of dbms_scheduler.purge_log not purging the old entries from user_scheduler_job_run_details. Can anybody please help me out?

csdm_dev_at_CSDM>select count(*) from user_scheduler_job_run_details ;

COUNT(*)

26438

csdm_dev_at_CSDM>exec dbms_scheduler.purge_log ;

csdm_dev_at_CSDM>select count(*) from user_scheduler_job_run_details;

COUNT(*)

26438

csdm_dev_at_CSDM>

Also I am noticing that for the jobs that I am trying to executing , I am not seeing any log entries. Here is the code that I am executing. I will appreciate any help. The job gets executed as I can see it via OEM. begin
dbms_scheduler.create_job(job_name => 'long_sleep', job_type => 'PLSQL_BLOCK',
job_action => 'begin
dbms_lock.sleep(60);
end;',
auto_drop => FALSE);
dbms_scheduler.set_attribute(
name => 'long_sleep',
attribute => 'LOGGING_LEVEL',
value => DBMS_SCHEDULER.LOGGING_FULL
);
dbms_scheduler.enable('long_sleep');
end;
/

csdm_dev_at_CSDM>select count(*) from user_scheduler_job_run_details where job_name
= 'LONG_SLEEP'; COUNT(*)

0 Received on Thu Dec 21 2006 - 09:08:00 CST