Re: Accessing data before commit

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 02:49:08 GMT

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 02:45:14 -0800, Ritvij wrote:

> hence 2 different processes are triggered in our application to process
> the two messages A and B parallely.
>
> Process B processes the data and inserts into table X, but still
> transaction is not complete and hence no comit.
> Process A running parallely meanwhile needs to check whether B has
> inserted data in table X to decide its processing.
>
> Is it possible?

Oracle does not support any form of dirty read against tables.

There are a number of methods available to work around this in Oracle. For example

are some of the mechanisms that come to mind.

Then again, this may be an opportunity to rethink the pattern being used.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!