Re: Sharing data between Oracle and SQL Server

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 02:07:32 GMT

Lauren Quantrell wrote:

> I have two similar tables that reside each on an Oracle database and a
> SQL Server database. I need to keep them in sync in real time. Can
> someone point me in the right direction.
> lq

Which platform? What version? Which one is primary? Oracles TG4MSQL on Windows Platform (only) then create a database link and a trigger to populate the SQLServer db.

We have a windows box that has a TG4MSQL and SQLServer client and Oracle on Sun sends data via a database link through this box and gets forwarded to the SqlServer database.

Keep in mind, Oracle **appears** to be getting out of the transparent-gateway business. (Observed behavior - not something that has been announced).

--
Michael Austin.
Database Consultant