Re: Veritas and 10gR2

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:55:34 -0600

On 2006-12-18, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Anyone know when Veritas's clusterware software is going to be
>> certified with 10gR2? I believe Vertias says they support that
>> configuration but Oracle hasn't certified it yet.
>>
>> tnx.
>
> I would expect never as it is redundant and the market for it,
> among those implementing 10g RAC, would be so small as to not
> make the investment worthwhile.

     If you are not focused on penny pinching to the exclusion of all else, then a robust and time tested clusterware solution is indeed quite valuable. It would be very hand to not need to deal with the BS associated with OCFS2 or ASM.

     Then again, you don't even believe in robust storage hardware.

     You're a posterboy for the sort of mentality that I am talking about. It seems more prevalent with the Linux shops that tend to think the apparent savings brought by Linux mean that it's open season to cut all sorts of corners everywhere. It can be a Postgre shop or an Oracle shop but it works out the same.

[deletia]

     Scary things they come up with...

--
	Nothing quite gives you an understanding of mysql's         |||
	popularity as does an attempt to do some simple date       / | \

                http://www.usenet.com