Re: Veritas and 10gR2

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:01:27 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:

> DA Morgan wrote:

>> Dave wrote:
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> Anyone know when Veritas's clusterware software is going to be
>>> certified with 10gR2? I believe Vertias says they support that
>>> configuration but Oracle hasn't certified it yet.
>>>
>>> tnx.
>> I would expect never as it is redundant and the market for it,
>> among those implementing 10g RAC, would be so small as to not
>> make the investment worthwhile.
>>
>> That said you might want to ask Veritas as it is their obligation
>> to perform the certification: Not Oracle's.
>
> And the amount of actual experience you have using veritas is ... ?

With Oracle RAC ... ZERO!

My lack of experience, however, does not affect the marketability of something Oracle says is unnecessary. Perhaps you should address your concerns to the RAC Pack.

> Maybe the RAC customers you have running production systems on mac os x > don't need it?

They don't. But then neither do those running 10g on AIX, HP/UX, and Solaris.

If you think it is required for 10g RAC I will refer you to the docs.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington