Re: RAC+RMAN fails on AIX 5.2 ML7

From: herbert koelman <herbert.koelman_at_urbix.fr>
Date: 18 Dec 2006 22:34:18 GMT

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 07:02:58 -0800, Valentin Minzatu wrote:

> First of all, you need to post more information as requested before in
> order to get more educated guesses.
>
> Have you looked at Note:282036.1 on Metalink?
>
> As another thought, is your storage bahving correctly?
>
> Grid Control should have nothing to do with your problems: I installed
> it on an AIX cluster (5.3 though) and runs for over a year now without
> any problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Valentin

I'm using Oracle RAC 10.2.0.1 (plus some CRS patches).

Thank you for the infos. I've finally found out what was going wrong. As was indicated in some answer in this newsgroup thread rman + rac is working fine.

So I decided look elsewhere. And what came up is: 1. Oracle RAC is using a hidden directory /tmp/.oracle or /var/tmp/.oracle (depending on operating system you're using). 2. If the content (or permission) is some how changed, then CRS daemons are unable to run correctly.
3. Database connection are impossible and an error ORA-29701 is returned (unable to connect to Cluster Manager).
4. archive log files cannot be created.
5. CRS log show that it cannot contact the rest of the troop (understand nodes)

Well after a while the whole RAC is coming to a halt.

I've found a crontab job that someone was using to empty the content of /tmp (thus /tmp/.oracle).

Now thank you very much for your help.

I'll post one or two Metalink notes that will give you more information.

But I tell you, that was a though one to find :-D Received on Mon Dec 18 2006 - 16:34:18 CST