Capture an application's ad-hoc SQL like MS SQL Profiler

From: <stefan.karaivanov_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2006 13:38:38 -0800

I need to see ad-hoc SQL executed by an application whose source code I do not have. How can I run a trace which would give me a list of all SQL statements (SQL, stored procs, SQL statements inside the stored procs, triggers, SQL inside triggers, etc) with bound variable values where needed in the order they were executed? That is, I need the Oracle equivalent of an MS SQL Profiler trace.

I have tried SQL_TRACE, DBMS_SYSTEM.SET_SQL_TRACE_IN_SESSION, and TKPROF but I am thinking there might be an easier way of doing this. It's been days of reading and trying to set this up. Isn't there a tool free or commercial that already does that?

Also, with this DIY way, how can I limit the output of the TKPROF. I am not interested in statistics at all at the moment. All I need is the SQL text, the bound variable values if there are any, and the start time of execution.

Thanks Received on Mon Dec 18 2006 - 15:38:38 CST