Re: Musings on 'new' OFA standard

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2006 12:56:16 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> Valentin Minzatu wrote:
> > Not sure if this helps, but I think I saw OracleHomes in the past being
> > created by the Grid Control installer and as far as I remember there
> > was no way to override that.
>
> Not sure if it can be overridden (just because I haven't tried) but
> it is definitely an artifact of the Grid Control.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> www.psoug.org

Not necessarily tied to Grid .. at least as I understand what you're saying. We seem to get the OracleHomes directory on every db server we build, and we certainly don't install GC on each one. Just kind of strange. Each of the platform specific installation manuals has an appendix explaining OFA. Even has an opening section summarizing the changes from the older spec, pointing out the new directory below /<version>. And if you take the defaults in OUI, that's what you get. But it still creates this seemingly undocumented /OracleHomes directory off to the side of all of that. Not a problem, we put the home where the OFA spec says. Just wondering if anyone had any information or insights into this other directory. Received on Mon Dec 18 2006 - 14:56:16 CST