Re: Generating SQLServer style GUID in Oracle 9

From: <barthome1_at_comcast.net>
Date: 18 Dec 2006 10:40:01 -0800

The situation has moved on a bit since I first posted the question. I understand now that the two sets of output are essentially the same. The wrinkle is that the when you convert the Oracle GUID RAW (using a function like RAWTOHEX) the output is one continues string. The SQLServer format is formatted with dashes to break up the string.

 The problem is that the output from this process is an XML file that is sent through an in-house loader that requires the GUID to be in the format the SQLlikes. I can not get the powers-that-be to see the value of putting into this program avconversion from the ORACLE format to the SQLServer format.

So now I need to find a way to take the ORACLE GUID format and convert it to the SQLServer format within a SQL select statement.

Bart