Re: Sqlldr and Oracle 10g

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:28:21 +0100

rohan schrieb:
> I wanted to load data by means of sqlldr (fields terminated by ",")
> The data are as follows :
> Id Descriptiion Price
> 1, Stuff,2.45
> 2, Stuf,3.77
> 3000,Stuff,06
>
> But it turned out to be that sqlldr can't load float number ( only
> integer -1,2,3......)
> But when I use instruction : insert into Table values(1,'Stuff1',2.45)
> - it's works all right and record is saved.
> The column Pirice has a number type. Is it necessary to add some more
> options in order to load float numbers ?
>
> PIotr W.

You can
a) look up in the
http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14225/ch3globenv.htm#sthref321 b) search google or this ng for "sqlldr NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS" c) look up the example at
http://oracledoug.com/serendipity/index.php?/archives/941-Nice-SQLLDR-option-for-external-tables.html ( this list can be continued )

Best regards

Maxim Received on Mon Dec 18 2006 - 12:28:21 CST