Urgent: Create Barebone 10g DB on a minimum RAM on a server?

From: <lazyboy_2k_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2006 15:19:16 -0800

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a 10g db on my ultra 10 machine which only has 640MB physical RAM & 20GB diskspace. According to 10g training info, I meet the minimum requirement. Here is the requirement that I got:

Memory requirements: 512 MB physical RAM Disk space: 1 GB swap (or twice the RAM)

                  400 MB of /tmp
                   1.5 - 3.5 GB Oracle software
                   1.2 for preconfigured database

However I configure my db using dbca utility, I get this error:

ORA-04031: unable to allocate 64 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool", "unknown object", "sga heap (1,0)", "SYSTEM PARAMETERS") ORA-01-34: ORACLE not available

I'm wondering that is there a way to configure a barebone db for 10g or even 8 or 9i? What is a correct SGA & PGA memory number which will allow me to create db on my 640MB physical RAM machine? Any helps/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Btw, this is for testing purposes, and all I need is to have a db for some other testings.

TIA,
-Chris Received on Fri Dec 15 2006 - 17:19:16 CST