Re: how to delete duplicate tuples???/

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.spam-me-not_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 05:38:06 GMT

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:31:41 -0800, lalit wrote:

> hey guys ,,
> i m new to oracle and i m having a problem...
> how can i find out duplicate tuples and then delete them....
> plz reply.......

One way would be to truncate the table. That will get 'em, nasty tuples. That's something that Tom Kyte did not think about. For more practical solution, enter "duplicate records" in the search engine on http://asktom.oracle.com.
I dare say, though, that my solution will outperform Tom's.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com